Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something in the mail...

So a package came in the mail yesterday...

I had been expecting a package from my parents because my mother had told me that she would be sending me a package sometime in the near future. So upon seeing a small brown package that had been obviously sent by loving parents, I walked over and inspected "my" package; to my dismay, the label on this innocent brown box read:

This deceiving little package was addressed to my roommate!


Ok, so maybe it wasn't so bad, it's probably just some missing socks he forgot, or some candy... I wasn't going to fret over something as small as that...


Wait... is that popular science? and a brand new graping calculator? all stuffed in with other small goodies and even a family portrait!?!?

Had my parents addressed the box to the wrong name?

But the family photo contained no one I recognized...


To summarize it all up, my parents promised me a prompt delivery of a care package (I even reminded them in the last post!) and now 8 days later, my roommate is already enjoying the spoils of a loving and endearing family who support him in his college endeavors, while I'm stuck here with a BYU-I branded vacuum in my wallet, and not even a single letter of encouragement from anyone remotely related to me...

I'm getting worried because my parents would NEVER leave me alone like this, something horrible must have happened to them!


1 comment:

  1. something HORRIBLE did happen: you left and now we have a serious electronic crisis on our hands. How am I supposed to leave the house to mail a package with a catastrophe like that happening??

    That said, "secret message received". I shall mail a box off pronto and I will try to make it bigger and better than Taylor's. Game on! War of the care packages!

    Also, I'm gonna need the Wall's address so that I can send them a stern warning that they'd better alert me next time they're sending off an awesome care package to their son so I don't look like the inept parent I really am. sheesh.

    Then again, if Taylor starts sending me some incriminating scuttlebutt on your college life along with photos (for my blog), I just may start sending him care packages instead! Deal??

    ReplyDelete